So I have no rants to post. I did respond to all of the comments in the previous post, though.
I still need to read Paul's dream post and Slacker's Dating Odyssey post.
I don't have any thing to really rant on, but I do have a fear to share.
Does anyone else think that we are going to go to war with Iran? I think my job requires me to keep mum on political issues, but some of the rhetoric coming out of the White House is really freaking me out and reminding me of pre-Iraq 2.0. There are several reasons I would really not want to see a war with Iran.
1. My girlfriend was born in America, but is 100% Iranian, and has family there. I love her. War is stupid.
2. Pointless? I heard about this crazy thing called Diplomacy one time, and also this crazy thing called patience. A combination of these two could be wonderful. It would be nice for the current crop of up-and-coming Americans (i.e. children) to see that this can actually exist in the world today instead of stupid penis-size contests.
3. A draft. I was very scared of this pre-Iraq 2.0. We didn't need a draft then, but let's face it--the army is like a piece of iron spread so wide as to appear as cellophane. If we are going to invade ANOTHER country, there will probably be a draft, and that blows.
4. Don't we have unfinished business? Afghanistan? Iraq? Shouldn't we finish things there first? Shouldn't we have straightened things up in Afghanistan before invading Iraq? Who the hell are we, anyway?
5. War is stupid. I know I have said this already, but seriously.
Okay, that's it, I'm tired.
Oh yeah, I got a new computer. YES!!!