I've changed?

I posted this entry to this blog over four years ago:
Why do I do this?
To vent. My opinion. Anyone who knows me knows my opinion is the only opinion I care about, and am interested in, anyway. Basically, my opinion is a box of Honey Bunches of Oats, and anyone else's opinion is the trial offer for a spa that I glance at, then throw away. Meanwhile, I am pouring the Honey Bunches of Oats into a bowl, throwing some milk in there, and savoring every bite. The milk is my own self esteem, which my opinion floats high on. You think I'm kidding?

The sad thing is, at the time, I most definitely was not kidding. I'd like to think the reason I blog now is still to float my opinion out there--so that if my opinion has holes, it will sink, and I can build a better ship. In non-symbolic terms and also because I don't know what to do with the milk-metaphor, I think I blogged before to show everyone how smart I was, and I blog now so that everyone can help me become smarter. At least, I hope this is why.

Comments

Popular Posts