Love?

I was just watching a BBC documentary on the Westboro Baptists Church and was deeply disturbed. I have read a lot about them, but actually seeing them in action for an hour was much more affecting. The thing that hit me the hardest was that lately I have felt as loveless for people as they do. Not like I am going around with "God Hates Fags" signs, or anything to do with anyone with a different sexual preference to me at all. I have just felt very loveless toward much of the human race...er, all of the human race.
I think in the last half decade of actually moving out of the weird post college limbo into an actual adult with a job, not to mention a wife and a kid on the way, I have taken on more and more responsibility and reacted to it by "manning up." As a byproduct of this, I have also been becoming gruffer and less empathetic toward pretty much everything that breathes. This is probably not a good fruit to bear.
After watching that documentary I looked outside and remembered how beautiful everything is, how wonderful people can be and all that hippie crap, and I think I will try to be just a little bit softer.

Comments

Popular Posts