Reflections of an Old Man

In a few months, my twenties will croak out their last breath, and I will begin my fourth decade on this planet. Since that means my life is basically over, here are some observations:

1. I can't see anything. Why? What happened to me? I got glasses about four months ago, and that has worked out well, but when I take them off things look like an impressionist painting, or what I am just going to call the "Renoir" filter. This would be really cool if it didn't give me a blinding headache (and I'll get to the headaches later). Also, my vision just seems to be getting worse. I don't know if this is
A. I am used to seeing well with my glasses now and didn't realize how bad my vision had actually gotten before.
B. Having glasses is making my vision without them worse.
C. My vision is independently going down the tubes, and one of the many things that a teenager can supposedly do to make themselves go blind is finally catching up to me.
D. Aliens.

2. I'm tired all the time! This is the most unfortunate development. I used to never sleep, and that was fine. Unfortunately, my rapidly aging body suddenly needs it, and I don't really know how to do it. I can't turn my brain off, but I am so tired by night time, I find myself dozing off far earlier than I ever have, then suddenly springing wide awake again and not being able to fall back asleep. This is what I like to call the "Renoir" filter. I am trying to remedy this by excercising again, and running in the morning. Hope it does the trick.

3. Everything is played out. I have been trying really hard lately to have enthusiasm for things so I won't be like a hipster, who doesn't really enjoy anything. The problem is that I hear people raving about stuff, and it just seems like stuff that has already happened and was better. This is the scariest thing ever. I started saying the phrase "back in my day" when I was three (and I would have said it earlier if I could have strung together a complete sentence earlier), but I have still always been able to find things I geniunely enjoy and get excited about. I haven't really had this problem with books because I will never read all the good books in my lifetime, but lately music and movies have not impressed me as much. Lame.

4. It hurts! Everything hurts. I get headaches all the time. Granted, headaches are my lifelong nemesis, but everything else hurts now, too. My legs started hurting yesterday for seemingly no reason. It hurt to move. WAH! I haven't exactly eaten healthily throughout my life, but I do now for the most part. Hopefully, my renewed excercise patterns will help. Also,

5. This is what I look like now!



This is what I like to call the "Renoir" filter.
Things can only get better from here, right?

Comments

Popular Posts