Owsey and Resotone -- A Smile From The West (EP)


7/10

Sometimes at work, I'll just click a song on Youtube, minimize the window, and let it go. Youtube has some sort of algorithm that picks more songs like the one you are listening to, and keeps on playing recommendations until you tell it to stop. Once for me, it landed on a "Chill Mix," featuring an Owsey and Resotone song.  I liked it, found Owsey and Resotone's bandcamp, and bought this EP. I put a link to the EP below. It is pretty good stuff, glow-y sounds over chopped up movie and song samples and some pretty nice beats and piano lines. With emotional quotes from films like Atonement and The Noteback spliced in, it can be a little much at times, but I'll let you decide. It's not a bad way to spend 25 minutes.




2014 Self-Released
1. A Smile From The West 6:46
2. Almost Crying With Confetti In Her Hair 6:43
3. Lucky Girl, On Board A Ship 4:23
4. Come To Me, Whispering Sea 5:09
5. Broke My Promise & Stared To The Sea 4:14

Comments

Popular Posts