The Nicsperiment's Musical Hot Takes -- Episode I: "'Re-Arranged' by Limp Bizkit is a legitimately great song"

Now that I am nearly 3/4 of the way through reviewing my entire music collection, I find myself wanting to comment on bands whose albums I don't own. And since I don't own their albums, those comments are not springing from a place of great depth, or well-informed. They are "hot takes." Here is hot take number one:

"Re-Arranged" by Limp Bizkit is a legitimately great song. I don't care that all the rest of their songs suck, that the band's name is stupid, and that the frontman is responsible for the word "douche" being more commonly used to describe the frontman of Limp Bizkit than as the name for a feminine hygiene product. "Re-Arranged" features an undeniably groovy bassline, one of Wes Borland's best understated guitar lines, record-scratching DJ work that actually gives the song atmosphere, drums that serve the track, and a shockingly non-embarassing performance from frontman, Fred Durst, who never once breaks into that ridiculous, high-pitched "hey, bruh!" voice he was famous for. 
It's a great song!
Come at me, bruh!

Comments

Popular Posts