Happy Mardi Gras Week From the Nicsperiment!


Pouparts Cream Cheese Kingcake, the greatest thing a man can eat.

Well, it is that special South Louisiana time of year where it is inexplicably 70 degrees, we have a bunch of strange parades where people throw beads and novelty items at you, and you eat your weight in cream, fruit, or cinnamon-filled pastries. Everybody has their favorite kingcake, but mine is Pouparts French Bakery's cream cheese-filled wonder. It hits that same sweet-spot that the now-defunct Kleinpeter's bakery of my childhood did in New Roads. Nice crunchy texture on top with the sugar, soft, bready dough, and solid (not cheap liquified) cream cheese in the middle. It makes me wish I lived in Lafayette!
With all that said, The Nicsperiment will be light on the posts this week, but hopefully back in full force next week. I've been excited about the content published so far this year, and hopefully the next 46 weeks will be able to keep that ball rolling.
Until then, laissez les bon temps rouler, I'm gonna go catch a bunch of beads and eat myself into a stupor, as only a blog can.

Comments

Popular Posts