Generational Divide


It has been way too long since my last post, and I hate to watch my page visits shrink, but the past couple weeks' inactivity has been unavoidable.
My life has somehow become even busier, with traveling, a new computer system unveiling at work, and foot surgery all derailing my plans for consistent blogging...not to mention the other three blogs I am attempting to run pulling at my attentions. However, another factor in the publishing lull has delayed my posts more than all other factors combined.
A few weeks ago, I began writing drafts for Nicsperiment reviews of Nirvana's short discography. Rather unexpectedly, the reviews quickly morphed into an exploration into my standing as a member of Generation X, the emergence of Millennials, and the shadow of the Baby Boomers. In other words, things got complicated. My review for Nirvana's debut album, Bleach, could have easily been one paragraph...but now it is significantly longer than that...and growing.
So coming over the next few days and weeks, and most likely encapsulating the entire month of July:
Four Nirvana album reviews that read more like an overly long sociology report.
You're welcome, The Internet (which didn't exist in a public capacity when I was growing up...but more on that to come!)!

Comments

Popular Posts