Podcasts On Which I've Guested

I figure I've guest-hosted on enough podcasts by this point that I should start keeping track of it somewhere. The Nicsperiment is as good a place to do that as any. Of course, I'm not sure how ephemeral a medium podcasts will be. All of these links could be dead one day. Still, here they are, in order of date of appearance:

Force Five Podcast, October 5, 2020: "Five Great 90's Sci-Fi Movies"
I guested on this show along with Jordan Courtney, who co-hosts Filmshake with me. He and I, along with Force Five host, Jason Kleeberg, give our top five 90's Sci-Fi movies lists. Very proud of my list, though one of my cats interrupted me when I was talking about Strange Days, and ruined my train of thought. If we're in The Matrix, maybe I was just having deja vu.


KilmerKast, December 12, 2020: "The Real McCoy w/ Jordan Courtney & Nicholas Loup (Filmshake) - Ep. 16"
Jordan and I try to make sense of 1993's The Real McCoy with KilmerKast host, Francis Rizzo III. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this episode of KilmerKast is more entertaining than the 1993 film, The Real McCoy. I'll also go out on a limb and say that this is the greatest podcast focused on The Real McCoy that has ever been recorded.


Roger's List, January 26, 2021: "Day For Night (with Jordan Courtney and Nicholas Loup)" 
Pretty cool show concept, with Steve Guntli from Ultra 64 going through every movie on Roger Ebert's "Great Movies" list. Jordan and I stopped by to talk 1973's Day for Night for a minute. It looks like the show has since gone on hiatus. Hope Steve is able to finish the list at some point.


Reel Talk: A Movie Podcast, April 30, 2021: "Episode 32: The Guilty Pleasures Series - Road House"
I popped up on Reel Talk and had a wild time talking about 1989's Road House. This, my first solo appearance on another show, was so much fun. Love these guys.


Your Next Favorite Movie, June 22, 2021: "The Crow: Wicked Prayer w/Nic (Filmshake Podcast)"
Want to hear me go completely off-the-rails for 35 minutes? That's the only acceptable way to talk about The Crow: Wicked Prayer. A ton of fun, and I'm glad the host, Josh, let me get a little nuts with this one.


Good Time Great Movies, April 1, 2022: "Solar Babies (1986)"
Jordan and I guest host this 80's movies podcast, usually hosted by our friend Doug McCambridge and Jamie Lorello as an April Fool's joke. We host the entire show as if we were Doug and Jamie, and talk about this absolutely bonkers 80's film, Solar Babies as bonkersly as we can (hey, "bonkersly" should be a word). We are at the top of our game here.


The Incinerator Podcast, August 18, 2022: "90'S ACTION with JORDAN COURTNEY and NICHOLAS LOUP"
Jordan and I guest on this ellimination game-show style podcast, where we are forced to pit 90's action movies against each other. It's a blast!


Cinema Medicine, February 23, 2023: "Ep. 3 Guardians of the Galaxy Ft. Nic"
I met Cinema Medicine's host, Chaz, through Filmshake, and I've had some great online film discussions with him over the last few years, so it was a blast to talk to him in "real life" about Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but Guardians is one of my favorite films of the 2010's. Chaz and I use the film as a jumping off point to talk about mental health, as the fusion of film and mental health is Cinema Medicine's focus.


Comments

Popular Posts