Addendum to My Best of 2011 Music List

I just added this to the end of my best of 2011 music entry from Dec. 31st, 2011.
ADDENDUM:
Album That Should Have Been On My List Last Year (2010):
Rosetta -- A Determinism of Morality
Photobucket
This album combines almost all of my musical interests: space, metal, ambiance, atmosphere, and raw, unbridled emotion. The growled vocals just sound like another instrument (I mean that as the highest compliment), but there is one, and only one sung line. It happens on "Release," in the direct middle of the album: The problem with now is no matter how much we want it to, it doesn't last forever. I wish this album could. Around the time that I first heard A Determinism of Morality, I was reading Edgar Allen Poe's masterpiece of an only novel, The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket. Track six, "Renew," soundtracks the final chapter of Poe's novel brilliantly.
Here's the illustration from the last page of an old edition of Poe's book, with a YouTube of the song underneath.
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts