The Nicsperiment Post-Marathon Roundup



That was so fun, I wish I could do it for a living and get paid for it. Here is a recap of all of the posts I wrote, or that originated over the past week, mostly last weekend:

First of all, I reviewed mother! The movie has an exclamation in its title, but my next sentence will have two. mother! sucks! Now that I have had time to dissect the symbolism it is going for I hate it even more!

After that, I reviewed the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. It's still fast and fun, though I have a feeling when I review subsequent Sonic Genesis games, they are going to get higher scores.

I then reviewed Atomic Blonde, which thinks it is far better than it really is. I remember Yahoo! kept talking this up by doing "news" stories about it. Their shareholders must have had a stake.

I followed this up with a review of Altered Beast. This game is so stupid, it's awesome, and I had a ton of fun not only playing it, but reviewing it. At this point, I realized I was living the dream.

I went to see Hereditary the next morning, and it set me on fire. What a creepshow! I love it!

I watched Blade Runner 2049 as soon as I got home, and I think it is a worthy sequel. Epic, high-minded sci-fi, the kind that's rarely made.

Then I reviewed Strider for the Sega Genesis. I think it's stellar reputation is highly overstated. It's got some pretty major flaws, though it's still a pretty cool game.

Since I doubled up on film reviews earlier, I decided to double up on video game ones, playing and reviewing Streets of Rage next. This is one of my all-time favorites, a truly special game.

Then hark! What did I see on the horizon, but a Paul Thomas Anderson film of the rarest kind, the breed starring Daniel Day-Lewis. Like the duo's previous collaboration, Phantom Thread is perfect.

You know what's not as good as Streets of Rage? Final Fight. Sorry, Final Fight.

You what is good, though? Happy Death Day. What a fun movie!

I finished things off with a recap of the food I cooked and the records I listened to while working on this project, followed by a sort of PS review of the Sega CD version of Final Fight. Better than the Super Nintendo version I reviewed before...still not as good as Streets of Rage.

And that's it. One of the most fun weeks I've ever spent working on The Nicsperiment.
Now, it's time to finish the fiscal year out in style.
Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts