I Just Moved

You may have noticed that after a particularly fruitful first eight months of 2018 for The Nicsperiment, September has been pretty sparse. There's a good reason: I've spent the majority of the month moving from the rural swamps of Pointe Coupee parish to the slightly more urbanized swamps of the capital city, Baton Rouge. Seriously, I don't think I have ever lived more than 100 yards from a bayou in my entire life.
It's great to be a part of civilization again, though, and even have in-home Internet access--not even Hughes Net serviced my previous address. I am a little bummed that the move caused my post count to drop--I had even planned to write up every LSU football game just to add a little more diversity to this place, but I've instead crammed watching them between unpacking boxes, putting away furniture, and not writing. Here's instead a last look at the old digs, a look at the skyline from my new backyard, the doorway, and the view from our new football seats. Newness all around. But I'm still hungry.
If I ever live in a soggier place, I'll drown. NOTE TO SELF: Don't drown!
But it's Louisiana. Not water-adjacent does not exist. 
Thanks, realtor!
Geaux Tigers

Comments

Popular Posts