This Year I'm Gonna Party Like It's 1999...Literally!

If you know me personally, have been a long-time Nicsperiment reader, or listen to my 90s movies podcast, Filmshake, you know 1999 is my favorite year in human history. For its 25th anniversary, I'll be celebrating 1999 all year, by revisiting and reflecting upon its cinema,, music, video games, and maybe even a little bit of its television. I'll still watch, listen and maybe play some of this year's movies, shows, music, and video games, but my major pop culture focus this year is 1999. And who knows...maybe 2024 will end up being great year around that!
For movies, Filmshake, starting in February, will cover nothing but 1999 in 2024. I'll also be reading through Brian Rafferty's Best. Movie. Year. Ever. and watching all of the films it focuses upon, keeping a Twitter thread of mini-reviews running as I watch them. I may eventually release a long-form culmination of these reviews later in the year on The Nicsperiment.

I'm also going to keep a ranked list of 1999 films on Letterboxd. I'm going to be replaying and reviewing some 1999 games for the Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast from my collection, some revisited for the first time in 25 years, some maybe even for the first time. Late in the year, I'll make a post here on my favorite musical albums of 1999...and befitting the greatest year in human history, the music from 1999 RULES.
I maybe be the only person in the world excited about this, but BOY AM I EXCITED!!! Let the games begin!!!

Comments

Popular Posts