Search This Blog

Friday, May 08, 2015

Final Exams Are Done!

I'm done with finals! Now, I can get back to having friends! Woohoo! First, though, I'm gonna lie low for a bit...lay low...can anybody sort out those two words?
But even before that, here is my Finals Week in Music.

Started off staying up late, listening to slow jams. Y'all know I love slow jams.
Of course, after the first few nights of little sleep and high stress, my ability to slow jam wore thin. I had to go with something nostalgic, yet admittedly over-emotional and melodramatic.

Finally got a good night's rest, and I knocked out all but one final. Everything had been going well (this entire semester has gone incredibly well, actually!). I decided on my drive to this morning's final, I'd listen to some old-school hip-hop to pump myself up.
Plus, I feel like I generally have to name-drop "Father Time" at least once a year because it features the best beat of all time.
Anyway, I just took my last final, and it went exceptionally well. As I walked to the Business Complex to hammer out this "Final Exams Are Done!" post, I suddenly had a beautiful song of completion in my head.

Which is ironic, considering what I said about this very song on the first day of the semester!
Sorry, Anthony. I understand its power now.



Songs featured in this post:
"Bet" by Tinashe, featuring Devonté Hines
"Chrono Trigger: Schala (Trance Remix)" by Unknown, but if you know the author, let me know!
"Father Time" by Saukrates
"Midnight Souls Still Remain" by M83

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nic,

Thank you for sharing the music.

I'm proud of you for persevering through another semester!

Peace,

davidloti=davidloti

Nicholas said...

Thanks, man!
I'm going to read your story Monday. Can't wait!