Introducing Filmshake, an EBRPL-backed, 25th Frame Hosted, iTunes Listed Podcast


My good buddy Jordan and I have been watching movies together since we first met 20 years ago. These have ranged from classic foreign cinema, to anime, to The Island by Michael Bay.
Jordan has been a reference librarian for the East Baton Rouge Parish Library for several years now, and with Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library's blessing, we are now using their (awesome public use) studio to record a podcast we've named Filmshake. The podcast is centered around to-the-point 30-minute reviews/explorations of (mostly) great movies. I know it may not be believable that I could be involved in anything that both involves talking and being brief, but thankfully Jordan can magically edit my hours' long rambles and digressions into a comprehensible, easily-digested Seinfeld-episode-length chunk, with time for him to talk, as well.
So, if you've ever wanted to know what my voice sounds like, or if you just want to hear some "Short Takes on Great Movies" (we really need to get that trademarked), you can check out the first episode of Filmshake on either the 25th Frame's website (thanks, 25th Frame!) or on iTunes (thanks, iTunes!).
Starting with the second episode, I'll also be posting written reviews of the films we cover on The Nicsperiment because of course I will, but those will be totally different animals.

Comments

Graham Wall said…
Looks like a very cool project. I think the logo and name are great. Looking forward to including some more podcast in my audio-diet!
Hope you dig it! We're going to be doing a lot of classic Japanese cinema to start.

Popular Posts