So Much for S

Thank Christine Proffitt for this photo.
The last time I was able to do a "So Much For..." entry for The Nicsperiment was 2/19/18. I've been working on the "Every Album I Own" series for nearly nine years, and I got stuck on "S" for two of those. Well, I wouldn't say stuck. I made constant, if very slow progress, and I got to review some of my favorite bands, like Sigur Rós, Starflyer 59, and The Sea of Cortez, among many others. So many bands I like start with the letter "S!"
Now, though, I'm looking at the final stretch of reviews. "T" will yield some treasures, and there's a certain notable band in "U," but "V," "W," "X," "Y," and "Z" should fly by. I'm on track to finish this series next summer, the tenth anniversary of its start. What a weird journey. Thanks for sticking with it.
Coming up next in the series, the first "T" reviews, with one for the unreleased demo and one for the sole officially released album of original material from Team Sleep (maybe I'll download and review the live album too). I think the former will be my first review of an unreleased album! Woohoo! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

Comments

Graham Wall said…
I commend you for your reviews! There's a certain band that starts with the letter T that I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts about. :D
Thank you! Oooh, nice! Is it Thrice? The more I look at the lineup for "T," the more weird and fun I think it is going to be.
Graham Wall said…
While Thrice will be good, I was actually thinking about Trenches (assuming, of course, that a review is in order)! I've been listening to Haste the Day lately and wanted to know what you thought about them, so when I searched on your blog for them, I noticed you had made some positive remarks about Trenches.
Yes!!!! I can’t wait to get to that Trenches album! It’s been so long, and I liked it so much. I can’t wait to see if it still holds up. My favorite thing Jimmy Ryan has done!

Popular Posts