Does Filmshake Believe In True Romance?


This month, Filmshake is tackling 1993's True Romance, written by Quentin Tarantino, who definitely hasn't been a source of any problems for Filmshake in the past...
Well, actually...I'm not going dredge up posts I made here almost exactly two years ago, but Jordan and I faced a lot of problems the last time we covered a Tarantino film. People berated us. Many. Many. Many people berated us. People talked to me in ways I haven't heard since looking over my shoulder in grade school. I won't even say "I don't care!" Obviously, as I'm a small and petty man who remembers every slight, I do care. But whatever. Our podcast network kicked us to the curb without ever saying a word to me, simply passing down the message through Jordan to me, "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID," which is fine. That network ended up folding a couple months later, and I like to think we caused them such a headache, they just decided that having a network wasn't worth it.  
I also like to think, since one of the other hosts who was on that network runs a show about a movie theater owned by Quentin Tarantino, and frequently has Tarantino on that show as a host, that the call to kick us to the curb came down from Tarantino himself! I'm sure it probably didn't, but having Tarantino kick you off of a podcast network is pretty aspirational, right?
Anyway, for some reason, Jordan decided we should cover another Tarantino movie on our podcast, so here's an episode based around 1993's True Romance, directed by Tony Scott and written by Quentin Tarantino. The movie has some stuff I like about Tarantino, like an unexpectedly good-natured ending, and some stuff I don't like, like a racist, rambling, ten-minute monologue that acts as the centerpiece of the entire film. If you'd like to hear Jordan Courtney try to co-host a podcast with a guy who would write all of the stuff up above this line, go ahead and check out this episode. It's actually pretty damn fun. Also, bite me.

Comments

Popular Posts