Lost In a Treeless Forest: The Nicsperiment's Autumn of 2002 Playlist

As a compliment to my "Top Albums of 2002" list from a few weeks ago, here is the playlist I made for the fall of 2002 back in the day. I was going through probably the worst depression of my life, dealing with a lot of heavy stuff, and trying to get through the first semester of my Junior year of college (thankfully, successfully). Notice the fine details on the right side of the page in the photo below. Yes, this is a photograph taken from my old Zune account! Yes, this playlist is 76 minutes long, so that I could burn it on a CD--a CD I still have! And I titled it "Lost In a Treeless Forest" with magic marker!
You could easily make this into a playlist on most streaming services today. The only hiccup is the extremely obscure The Billions fourteenth track, "Cure the Sea," which is pretty tough to find now. Good thing I burned this on CD all those years ago!
This is a pretty sweet playlist. It goes from a heavy spot, to a more introspective one, to a quite melancholy one, to a brief note of hopefulness at the end. Sure, it's dark, but I also (still) think it's awesome. My taste 20 years ago was impeccable...as was my flair for dramatic titling.

Comments

Popular Posts