Gambino's Double Cream-Cheese Kingcake Is an Abomination Against God

I was out and about for lunch today, and realized I was really close to Gambino's Bakery. Then I thought, It's almost been a full day since I bought a king cake. I should buy a king cake.
I wanted a cream cheese, but turns out they only had "Double Cream Cheese," and for just six more Washingtons! And then it happened.

I brought the box to my car, opened and started eating. This thing isn't a kingcake. It's a monstrous ring of iced and sprinkled cream cheese in a king cake shape. Which is a ring.


With the first bite, I realized something was wrong in the depths of my soul. Where's the bread? I can see hints of it, but I think it may only be tanned cream cheese skin. With the second bite, I thought, if I was Catholic, I would be at confession in ten minutes. Since I am Protestant, though, I'm just gonna feel guilty for a while, promise myself I won't do it again, and then get on with my life, but not before warning others of the evil, rich, and dark rivers of gluttony lurking in the depths of Gambino's Bakery. But then I took a third, fourth, five, six, seventh, eighth, and ninth bite, then transcribed this message to a paramedic, who is currently loading me into a stretcher, after I had a heart attack. I hope that...
MESSAGE ENDS ABRUPTLY

Comments

Graham Wall said…
I mean, at least it's not cheesecake...
Graham Wall said…
Also, you got a new profile picture!

And, completely unrelated, but did you hear the excellent Drowned God album???
One time in high school, my cousin and I helped "waiter" a church Valentine's Day banquet. There were two cheesecakes left at the end of the afternoon, and we were each given one. We both scarfed down the whole thing. Afterward, we looked at the nutritional info.
"Woah," he said, "135% of your daily allotment of saturated fat."
"Per cake?" I asked.
"Yeah. Wait...no. By serving."
"Uh...how much is a serving?"
"One slice."
"How many...slices...were in these things?"
"16."
If I did that today, I would likely die halfway through.
Yes, after more than 14 years, I decided it was time for a change. I've been waiting for a picture of me to be more ridiculous than the one of me playing drums with a coat and gloves on. It finally happened.
Also, yes, I heard it and I enjoyed it, but I feel like it's going to take three or four listens to unpack the whole thing--it's pretty dense! I will say, though, at first listen, I didn't quite find the lyrics to be as downer as I thought they'd be...but then again, multiple listens might reveal more of that, too!

Popular Posts