The Nicsperiment's 2021 Plans


It's another year, and the 17th(!) for The Nicsperiment. I've got some very definite plans for the old blog this year.
1. Finish "Every Album I Own Reviews" -- I plan on finally finishing the series this spring. That will effectively make it a ten year project. It's very interesting that in that amount of time, music has largely become a thing we borrow or I guess rent instead of own. During that time, I myself have stopped buying CD's, started buying MP3 albums, and then just streamed like everybody else. I do buy a CD from time to time, but generally they're collector's items. Same with vinyl. This series has became a de facto series of reviews of every item in my CD collection with a few exceptions. When I finish it, presumably in April or May, I think I'll likely just review whatever music I want, whenever I want, which will be liberating, but lack the previous discipline I've shown with this series. Ten years and thousands of reviews for one project DID require quite a bit of discipline, especially when blogs went defunct around me left and right.
2. Read and review every film in Brian Raftery's Best. Movie. Year. Ever.: How 1999 Blew Up the Big Screen -- This won't be a ten year project at all--I am assuming it will take me two or three months. I think this will have some synergy with my podcast, Filmshake, as we cover 90's movies, but not generally great 90's movies. These will likely be films we won't ever, or will rarely ever cover. I'll have all my 90's bases covered. I also hope to review other films I watch, just as I've always done.
3. Video Game Reviews -- Gonna keep reviewing retro games and Switch games. I took a little Switch break for a minute, and I'm playing through both an exceedingly long Wii U game and Nintendo 64 game, both of which I need to get through and review before I can get back on track. Hope to start seeing some progress there in January.
4. Travelogues -- I have a draft for a trip I took in December that I may never finish. I also ran another marathon last week. I don't know if comedic write-ups for those experiences will see the light of day...but 2021 can't come-and-go without me at least putting one more travelogue into the world.
I'm happy with 2020's traffic. If the world lasts til 2030, maybe the 20's will see The Nicsperiment have another six-figure-visit decade. Whatever the case, 2021 should be a fun year.

Comments

Popular Posts