My 2020 and 2019 Booklist


My reading habits the past couple of years have not exactly been prolific. However, I did at least read consistently. Since I forgot to post last year's list, here's both, with brief comments for a few.

2019
Lolita - Nabokov 
God Without Religion - Farley (This is the book about Christianity I've needed my entire life)
Fire & Blood - Martin & Wheatley (Speaking of, this book reads like 1 and 2 Kings in the Bible, but with less Divinity and more dragons. That's actually the opposite of what I need from Christianity, but it works in this book. Great drawings by my favorite illustrator, Dark Times' Douglas Wheatley)
Neverwhere - Gaiman 
The Rime of the Modern Mariner - Hayes
Frankenstein - Shelley
We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Jackson

2020
Mare Internum - Helmer (Thanks, Gilbert Redman's!)
The Thousand Orcs - Salvatore
Snow, Glass, Apples - Gaiman/Doran (Gotta be the most brutal retelling of the Snow White fable in history...sheds some new light to say the least)
Creatures of the Night - Gaiman/Zulli
Signal to Noise - Gaiman/McKean
Sphere - Crichton (3rd time--I reread it and Congo because my podcast did an episode on the film adaptations. It's still the best popcorn fiction I've ever read. So much fun.)
Congo - Crichton (2nd time)
The Scarlet Letter - Hawthorne
The Turn of the Screw - James
Salem's Lot - King (I reviewed the audiobook for this one too)

Comments

Graham Wall said…
Don't tell Amazon, but I use numerous email addresses to download audiobooks for free.
You’re like a modern day Robin Hood for your brain!
Have you ever used Libby before? Great library-based audiobook service. Yes
Autocorrect added the yes. Yes
Graham Wall said…
Ha! That "yes" really drives home the point. It looks like my library uses Libby. Nice app, so thanks for telling me about it! Perhaps my Robin Hood days are over.

Popular Posts