A Puzzle A Month...Wait, Am I Going to Start Reviewing Puzzles Now?

At the start of the year, I resolved that I was going to complete one 90's themed puzzle for every month of 2022. I stated this on my 90's Movies Podcast's Twitter (my podcast is Filmshake, and you should definitely listen to it), and I've been posting updates there...but why am I not doing that here? I should be doing that!! 
To make up for it, here's the puzzle that I did in January.

I think Friends is the second best 90's sitcom set in New York. It gets some flack, but the show really felt like a cultural touchstone while it was airing, and when I rewatch it now, I not only still laugh a lot, but get nice, warm, nostalgic feelings, and am reminded of where I was or what I was doing when episodes first aired because this show was that big of a deal. This puzzle, made by Cardinal, and sold by Five Below, is a lot of fun, and fairly easy. The pieces feel substantial and interlock well, and the finished product looks pretty great and captures the vibe of the show.

Since I did a puzzle for the second best New York-set sitcom of the 90's, I decided to do one for the BEST New York-set sitcom of the 90's, Seinfeld. I found one from Five Below again, and again made by Cardinal. Actually, Five Below has an assortment of Seinfeld puzzles made by Cardinal. Some of them look a little cheap, and several reuse pictures from others, but the one I bought is as solid and well-made as the Friends puzzle.


I also appreciate some of deep cut/inside joke artwork on the puzzle. 
Overall, this is a lot of fun, and a great, brain-stimulating way of getting my 90's nostalgia fix. 
I am looking forward to doing a new one of these every month, but now that I've decided to post, I'll make sure to take some IN PROGRESS pictures while I work on them. Cool.

Comments

Graham Wall said…
This is a great idea. That Seinfeld design is intriguing ... quite non-mainstream. Thanks for reminding me about the 1,000-piece cupcake puzzle that's waiting to be built, too! Not sure how to keep it away from the cat.
My cats are puzzle nightmares, but I started doing mine on a large poster board, then hiding it under the bed between sessions, and that seems to have taken the cats out of the equation.

Popular Posts