This St. Patrick's Season, Filmshake is Doing Some Matchmaking

Look at these goofballs

Last year, Filmshake, my 90's movies podcast with Jordan Courtney, started a new tradition: the St. Patrick's Day episode. For the second year in a row, we'll celebrate my Irish ancestors, this time by covering 1997's filmed in Galway County romantic comedy, The Matchmaker. This film, which isn't on any streaming services, so you're gonna have to buy a used DVD or check it out at the library, stars Janeane Garofalo and David O'Hara doing romantic comedy things in a quaint Irish village, and it's a pretty fun time. Also, in keeping with tradition, and to bring further honor to my ancestors, we kick off the episode by briefly chatting about one of the Leprechaun films--this time, it's Leprechaun in the Hood, starring Ice-T and Coolio. I'm sure the spirit of my great-great grandfather can't get any prouder.

Comments

Popular Posts