FIlmshake's First Episode as a 90's Movie Podcast: Point Break!


Jordan Courtney and I started Filmshake as a malleable podcast, where we'd do short series on diverse sets of films. However, something happened as we recorded this episode for Point Break, and you can hear it in the joy that slowly envelops our voices over the course of this episode--we now want Filmshake to live in the glorious world of 90' cinema!
Our first episode centers upon Kathryn Bigelow's incredible heist/extreme sports/buddy-drama/action film, Point Break, which is both ridiculous, and ridiculously awesome. We also spend a few minutes talking about Troll 2 because Jordan beat me at trivia and forced me to watch it as punishment because he is mean. There's also a bitter trivia battle at the end, to see which unfortunate Filmshake host will be stuck with the task of experiencing 2015's Point Break remake.
Think of this episode as a bridge into the funsanity that is to come. We can't wait to unleash this madness upon the world!

Peace, through superior firepower!

The episode is below. You can find all of Filmshake's episodes anywhere you get your podcasts, and subscribe through those services, as well. Surf's up!

Comments

Unknown said…
I agree with a lot of what you said here,it was all very surface level, but this is the only Halloween movie I watch religiously. Particularly because it does lack that slasher element. I echo your sentiment of wishing this was better so we could ha e retired the big bad guy, maybe then I'd like the Halloween series at least a bit more.
I'm guessing this is a comment on my Halloween III review. I wish I would have seen this comment back then. Thanks for it, whoever you are!

Popular Posts