Secret of Mana Review Almost Kills the Nicsperiment

Back in mid-July, the Weather Channel predicted that the entire state of Louisiana would sink into the Gulf of Mexico, under the great and immeasurable weight of The All Supreme and Terrible Hurricane Barry. Thankfully, that did not happen, though I did let the Weather Channel write the title for this post.
In fact, we barely got a gust of wind during Barry, and thanking the Good Lord, I repented for spending every year since Secret of Mana's 1993 release not playing it, and then got to work on that. Unfortunately, I immediately realized that Secret of Mana was going to be a huge time commitment. While I thankfully received the opportunity to play through part of the game with friends, the sheer length of the game, and the simple fact that my nine-year-old would rather play Mario Maker 2 meant I had to go through a lot of it alone.
Holy cow, four months later, and finally, here's a review.
I was a little bummed that in the week before I started playing Secret of Mana, I was able to post so many classic video game reviews, only to spend four months on just one game. Talk about a bottleneck!
Still, this is a game I've been circling for so long, it's only fair I had to put such a huge time commitment into it--and during a time I unfortunately couldn't get a lot of quality video-gaming in.
There's some fun stuff coming to The Nicsperiment in the next few days, and some weird stuff in the weeks after that. Until then, here's a link to my review of the 1993 Super Nintendo Game

The Secret of Mana

Secret of Mana Double Moon

Comments

Popular Posts