My Extremely Cool Wife Made An Extremely Cool Playlist

Look at these babies! Well, try to look; our friends have shaky picture-taking hands.

I've told my wife on multiple occasions that she is the coolest person I know. I thought that back when we were only friends, and I've thought that over the majority of nearly 15 years of being married to her, except the times where she tells me I've ruined the house because I left a sock on the floor. Music has always been a point of bonding between us, especially considering that before we got together, we DJ'd on the radio together (pictured above, nearly 17 years ago!). I've made a few playlists for her over the years, when I feel like I've built up a big enough cache of romantic songs I think are worthy of her--these are rare songs! Now, she's made a definitive playlist for herself, 120 tracks that I feel sum up her essence, her essence with me, and her essence with others. It also shows how cool she is, and I feel like I need to share it with the world.
You've got a non-ironic Hanson intro here, before you dive into a mix of...everything. There's a lot of extremely cool indie stuff, but also, there's some stuff that your average hipster would only be brave enough to pretend to like ironically (when they actually just like it). Crystal has "Someday" by Sugar Ray third here because she genuinely likes it--I've never once known her to even attempt to be ironic. She is just herself, all the time, which is one of the things I love most about her--that she has Sugar Ray, Cherry Glazerr, A Perfect Circle, and The Mountain Goats back-to-back. Here's her list. It's so good, it's worth a Spotify subscription.

Comments

Popular Posts