Filmshake Returns...With Batman Returns!

The best any onscreen couple have ever looked together

At Filmshake, we rarely cover huge, well-received blockbusters. However, I picked Titanic last Christmas, and this Christman, the holiday I most often associate with darkness and depression, I've picked Batman Returns. I think Tim Burton's 1992 film has enormous depth and thematic complexity, and it's my favorite "superhero" movie. With its explorations of identity and what it would mentally mean to dress in a costume every night to be a vigilante, it goes to some corners that recent superhero movies have rounded off. My co-host, Jordan Courtney, however, thinks that the dialogue has a lot of great lines about boners. Thus is Batman Returns. Listen below. It's a doozy.

Comments

Popular Posts