Reevaluation

Heavy-handed sunrise metaphor

You may have noticed that over the last few months, my posts have been sparse and mostly podcast-related. That's thankfully not due to any major life troubles, but just to the fact that I work in accounting, and the recent 2022 fiscal year-end was a bit brutal. I haven't had a lot of time to write, but I have had some to think about something ponderous.
People change over time. Even I change! Well, maybe my interests don't change...I just add more. And maybe my religious views don't change...they are are essentially what they've always been.  And my sexual orientation...actually, now that I think about it, there are a lot of things that don't change. But hey...some things...they change! Such is living! I just realized this paragraph is kind of confusing...I'm still straight and Christian...those were things that didn't change.
With that said, I've had the same five movies listed as my favorite five movies on my blogger profile for 17 years! How could they still be my favorites? Have I not seen anything I've liked better since then? Well, maybe not! But maybe I have...or maybe certain movies I had seen back then connect with me better now...or maybe I'm just not ashamed now to say that I connect better with less prestigious movies? Who knows, including me, but I intend to find out.
Likewise, when I posted my "TOP 9 ALBUMS OF 2004" list here nearly 18 years ago(!), was I speaking for myself right now? Of course not! If I did that list again after 18 years of additional experience with the musical albums of 2004, the list would most certainly be different...so maybe I should do that.
It's no secret that The Nicsperiment has had some false starts this year. Remember when I was going to do a bunch of puzzles? Admittedly, not having the 10-year unified mission of reviewing every album in my music collection has made it harder to stay consistent here, but I'm proud that I've kept The Nicsperiment going with, if not prolific, at least diverse and fairly consistent content, and also that I've not bled all my readers away. So I guess I'll keep my aims for the rest of this year here simple.
I'll still write about any new thing or experience I've had that moves me to do so...but I also want to take a look back at some of the things I've written over the post two decades, reevaluate, and see if I need to make some updates by way of new posts. Hey, at the least, maybe I can update the top five movies I have listed in my blogger profile...if indeed they actually need updating.

Comments

Jordan said…
I encourage this project! I’ll be interested to see if your top 5 movies changes! - Jordan
Part of me thinks it will stay exactly the same!

Popular Posts